BeReal asks for location permission to include your location details in all BeReals you post on the app. In case, you don’t want to include your location details, you can update the location permission manually. Once done, BeReal will remember your preferred setting the next time. Here’s how to upload your BeReal with/without your location details on both iPhone and Android.
How to Upload BeReal With Your Location on iPhone
1. Tap on the notification from BeReal or start uploading your BeReal from the app.
2. Click an image by tapping on the shutter button which captures the photo from both the front and rear cameras.
3. BeReal will ask for location permission if you haven’t given it before. Select Allow only once or Allow only when the app is open option if you want to be able to include the location details in some BeReals. If you don’t want to include location in any of your BeReals, select Deny.
4. Tap on the Arrow icon and select the Location on option or Location off option for each BeReal you post to have control over an individual post level.
5. Once done, tap on the people icon and choose My friends only option if you prefer to share your location only with your friends. You can also choose the Global option if you prefer to share your BeReal with anyone checking BeReal’s Discover feed. It is recommended to select Location off if you are sharing BeReal with everyone.
Also Read: How to Change or Delete BeReal Emojis
How to Upload BeReal With Your Location on Android
Unlike on the iPhone, on Android, you can choose to share either approximate or precise location. The Precise location option is the same as on iPhone and will share your exact location with BeReal when you are sharing with your friends. Choosing Approximate location shares only the state or the city you live in but not where you are in the city and this is for when you are sharing your BeReal publicly. Protects your privacy and also provides security from mobs or attacks.
1. Tap on the notification from BeReal app or start uploading your BeReal from the app.
2. Tap on the shutter button to capture a photo from both the front and rear cameras.
3. Now tap on the Off button with a crossed arrow icon. Then select the Approximate location or Precise location option according to your needs.
4. Once selected, give location permission to the BeReal app by tapping on While using the app option or Only this time option in the pop-up.
5. Now tap on the people icon and select the My friends only option if you prefer to share your location only with your friends. You can also select the Discover option to share with anyone who is checking the Discover feed.
Location on BeReal
BeReal includes the location details in all your uploads by default if you have granted the location permission to the app. You can choose to not share the location details, as shown above. In case you want to share location, BeReal on Android allows you to choose between precise or approximate locations. This feature may also come to iOS in the later months, but not available yet. Also, once shared, you have the option to share the BeReal with your friends or publicly by making your BeReal available on the Discover feed using the Global option.
The post How to Upload BeReal With/Without Your Location Details appeared first on TechWiser.